“Your advice is priceless … because you’ve already been where we are.” “The conference fast-forwarded our group at least 5 years.” “Together is better.” “When our Executive Director left last year, we called DSAIA.” “We have made friends from numerous groups who are also members and they have freely shared advice, documents and support. We are so much stronger together!” “We saved $4,000 in the first year alone from the Member Rewards.” “DSAIA is essential to our community.”
These are just a few of the comments we have read or heard recently as DSAIA reaches out to members, partners and leaders around the country.
Nowhere else will you find other people who have walked in your shoes and are so willing to share those lessons.
So, in case you have been a little busy (ok—A LOT busy!) with the business of running your own Ds organization, let us remind you of the power of these connections:
- If you have questions or a concern of any kind or need help navigating the next steps for your organization or just want to know which other group already does the new program you are about to roll out, give us a call! We can help.
- You can reach DSAIA at the same time and place as always: 701-354-7255 or via email here
- Become accredited. Today more than ever, donors look for accredited organizations before choosing a nonprofit organization to fund. Accreditation is evidence to donors that an organization is committed to nonprofit best practices, true accountability and serving its community. Donors need only view the rigorous standards that organizations must meet for DSAIA accreditation to know their funds are in good hands. Our application is online and there is no fee. We even provide you with the checklist to help you meet the accreditation standards.
- The cornerstone of DSAIA: the 14th Annual Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action Leadership Conference Feb. 27-March--attend the only conference exclusively designed for the leaders of nonprofit, Down syndrome associations. Three full days of workshops on fundraising, board and staff development, new programs and outreach templates, networking and more. If you haven’t registered yet, do it today here!
- And this year, for your convenience and cost-savings, Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action (DSAIA) and National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) are thrilled to announce a collaboration between the DSAIA and NDSS National Buddy Walk® Organizer’s Conference. This collaboration will bring even more education and leadership-growth opportunities for affiliate leaders, advocates, and individuals dedicated to the Down syndrome community. In February 2020 in Orlando, Down syndrome affiliate leaders, whose organizations hold a Buddy Walk®, can attend both annual conferences during the same weekend in the same location.
- February 27 - NDSS Buddy Walk Organizer's Conference
- February 28 - March 1 - DSAIA Leadership Conference
- And of course, this doesn’t even touch on our Leaders Circles (new ones will form in Spring 2020), the members-only library of shared documents and templates (hundreds!) as well as corporate discounts on insurance, event tshirts, etc. We’ll talk about those in our next blog post.
See you in Orlando Feb. 27!